THIS IS WHY APPLE WINS AND SAMSUNG CAUGHT $12B+ L
They say that a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, after shedding some $12B+ from its market cap in early morning trading, the images below breaks down why jurors handed Samsung a $1B+ loss on Friday for a host of patent and design infringements.
Here's how the jury of seven sided on Apple vs Samsung as it pertains to software infringement:
Did Samsung infringe on:
-Tap to zoom and center: Yes
– Bounceback effect at the end of an image or list: Yes
– Scrolling, pinching and zooming: Yes
Now here's how it sided on design infringement:
– iPhones rounded corners, bezel and face: Yes
– How icons appear on the home screen: Yes
– iPhone's screen, speaker and face: Yes
– Ipad's overall design including shape and rounded corners: No
To quote Grand Puba in 360 Degrees, "What goes around comes back around again…Yeah yeah yeah yeah."
[Images via: AllThingsD]