CASTING FOR MTV’S “GET YOURSELF TESTED” STD PREVENTION CAMPAIGN
MTV is casting "Get Yourself Tested" Campaign to raise awareness and help prevent TEENS & YOUNG ADULTS from getting STD's. Research shows that 1 in every 2 sexually active young person gets an STD by age 25. Help end the STD epidemic!
CASTING: young adults and couples 18+ who look under 25 who can communicate their thoughts, feelings and/or experiences about STD testing and talking to partners and friends about testing. Email your name, phone number, thoughts/experiences, and answers to questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Do you think it’s important to get tested for STDs? Why?
• Ever been tested for or been asked by a partner to get tested for STDs? HIV? Yes? No? Maybe? When/how often?
• Ever asked someone to get tested? Why? How did s/he respond?
• Have you ever had an STD? Did you tell your partner? What did you say? What did s/he say?
• Why do people who think they are "in love" often stop protecting themselves against STD's?
• Why are a lot of young people willing to be sexually active but not so willing to discuss STD testing before engaging in sexual activities?
• FOR COUPLES: If one of you has a chronic STD (like herpes or HIV), how does the other avoid getting it?
Email them by February 25th at email@example.com if you are interested.
***Information will be kept confidential but if you are CAST you will be speaking on-camera.