JOB OPPORTUNITY: MANAGER OF PARTNER MARKETING AT MTV TR3S
Department: Content Distribution & Partner Marketing (Formerly Affiliate Marketing), MTV Networks and BET Networks
Job Summary: The Manager’s primary function is to develop, recommend and implement the overall objectives and strategies for MTV Tr3s. Responsible for creating innovative integrated marketing, local ad sales and public affairs initiatives to secure distribution, drive distributor and channel revenues, reinforce the value of the brand and increase ratings.
Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Assist the Manager in the development of the marketing plans to meet channel and distribution goals.
• Oversee the development and execution of marketing promotions and sales initiatives that showcase and drive brand leadership.
• Efforts can and may encompass multiplatform promotions including (VOD, broadband, digital, etc.) tune-in initiatives, tours, off-the-shelf promotions, trade, and acquisition and retention campaigns to support programming priorities.
• Manage budgets associated with projects.
• Oversee and coordinate generating awareness for distributor promotions/events including grassroots, viral, radio, cable and satellite TV buys. Secure talent for events.
• Conceptualize, develop and create sales and marketing presentations, launch proposals and promotional materials that meet the business needs of CDM and support MSO national and regional account strategies.
• Develop and manage evergreen LAS promotion.
• Manage promotional avails with our affiliate clients and broadcast affiliates.
• Work closely with operations, programming groups and team coordinator to effectively execute multiplatform initiatives.
• Recommend initiatives based on understanding and identifying industry trends that will affect network distribution and marketing plans in the short and long-term.
• Represent and serve as the brand expert to the sales team and affiliates.
• Represent Affiliate POV in channel meetings.
• Maintain ongoing dialogue with channel contacts (marketing, programming, legal, press, creative) to create comprehensive full integrated opportunities that maximize CDM and channel priorities.
• Maintain ongoing dialogue with the channel to understand their priorities to ensure we are supporting them.
• Maintain ongoing dialog with sales team. Work with them to evaluate promotional opportunities to ensure we are creating opportunities that are on target with driving distributor priorities.
• Collaborate with peers to share best practices and recommend multi-brand campaigns and opportunities. May assist on broader mtvU and MTV initiatives as well.
• Responsible for developing the Affiliate communication for projects including emails, mailings, mtvn.com, trade ads.
• Oversee coordinator on Tr3s day to day projects. Mentor and take a personal stake in their professional development
• Bachelor degree with 3-6 years marketing experience. Working with cross functional teams.
• Candidate should be extremely detail-oriented, reliable and a self-starter with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
• Ability to learn quickly. Must be flexible and able to adapt to the changing industry and organization landscape.
• Be a strategic and innovative thinker and have excellent written, verbal and presentation communications skills.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and communication skills to interface across multiple levels (up to VP, SVP) and across groups
• Affinity for Latin culture and preferably Hispanic and youth marketing experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint and Photoshop.
• MBA and experience in brand management and multiplatform marketing a plus.
• Fluency in Spanish language both written and verbal.
If you or someone you know is interested in exploring this excellent opportunity, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Rachel V. Gehrls
Manager Partner Marketing – MTV Tr3s & mtvU
1515 Broadway 11-15 / New York, NY 10036