EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: LATINA MAGAZINE IS SEEKING A DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL MEDIA
This is an opportunity to be at the heart of an exciting community, one that is shaping America’s future. Latina Digital Media will entertain and inspire Hispanic women with award-winning content that covers Latin culture, style, beauty, food, music, and celebrities, and that always has, at its core, the real Latina woman with her unique needs and her unique lifestyle.
The individual we seek will have overall responsibility managing LMV’s digital business operations. The Director of Digital Media will oversee the business operations of the site, including, business development, operations, marketing, metrics, and IT. This person will work very closely with the Director of Digital Media Sales and the Director of Digital Content. Specifically s/he will:
• Serve as point person to the CEO on all digital operations; responsible for coordinating efforts in digital sales, content development and technology.
• Lead and execute on the strategy for LMV’s digital initiatives, in particular creating growth opportunities for sales and editorial, through smart business development deals and optimized operations.
• Identify business/category opportunities and partners to approach for traffic and/or revenue growth. Approach partners and negotiate agreements.
• Interact with the CEO, in the reporting and proper accounting of revenue and expenses, and approve specifications for new business opportunities.
• Work closely with the editorial, sales, marketing and finance departments, ensuring a consistent delivery of the Latina brand to online consumers.
• Work with Editorial and technology providers to plan and direct all aspects of organization’s online product strategies, objectives, and initiatives and assemble analyses that clearly demonstrate the value of the product plan to the business, brand, and end-user.
• Maintain a constant awareness of industry trends and new developments, to ensure that all content remains current in service, operational techniques, and design.
• Manage external IT and design resources.
• Responsible for developing and managing the Latina Digital Media Budget.
• Manage online marketing efforts, including SEO & SEM programs.
• Develop, define, and create systematic reporting tools to track key business metrics.
• Lead the communication and coordination of Latina.com with other integrated Latina Media Ventures units and businesses.
• Recruit and lead the professional development of key people.
• Manage internal resources as well as key external vendors and partners.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will have significant digital experience managing across content, sales, marketing, business development, and operations. The individual must show strong leadership and management capabilities and the ability to manage the Digital budget. Additionally we seek:
• A person with strong project management skills, able to set and meet project timelines and goals
• A highly motivated team player, who continuously encourages a strong sense of teamwork and spirit
• A proactive self-starter
• Drive, ambition, and enthusiasm; someone who thrives on a challenge and exceeds expectations
• Strong analytical skills
• Superb organizational skills and strong follow-up
• Minimum of five years experience in online content, sales, business development, marketing, and/or operations. Strong familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and operational procedures
• Proven track record in generating online sales, distribution deals, and execution against plan
• Ability to work well in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• A strategic thinker, with the ability to also address day-to-day tactical and operational needs
• Strong operational experience, with an emphasis on execution and hands-on management style
• Outstanding presentation skills, both written and verbal
• The highest personal and professional integrity; and
• A sense of humor.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION CONTACT
Susan Bishop at: 212-986-3419, ext 16 | 212-504-2814 (fax)