FALL OPENINGS AT DEAN & DELUCA
Please send all replies to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEAN & DELUCA, an icon of American epicurean experience, is accepting resumes from qualified candidates in all of its New York City locations for the following positions: Baristas, Cashier, Prepared Food Associates (Food Servers), Produce Associates, Produce Manager, Housewares Associate, Cheese Monger, Butcher, Customer Service Associate, Pastry/Bread Associate. All qualified candidates MUST have previous experience in the position applied for.
Brief Description: Persons in these positions are responsible for day-to-day operations and ensuring that customer service standards are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in receiving and unloading incoming shipments
• Opening and closing store and oversees sales floor for respective area
• Assist in stocking and rotating merchandise in all related departments
• Maintain safe work environment
• Follow appropriate sanitation guidelines
• Communicate effectively with all contacts
• Builds displays of regular, seasonal and promotional merchandise
• Maintains correct and legible prices on all items
• Makes price changes at proper time
• Greets all customers consistently
• Thanks all customers for shopping at DEAN & DELUCA
• Fills customer orders and takes phone orders
• Accept and adapt easily to change
• Support all company policies and procedures
• Positions require basic knowledge of pastry, espresso, or produce terminology
• Prior experience preferred
• Ability to read and write in the English language
• Flexibility to perform assigned tasks independently or as part of a work team
• Sense of urgency
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet frequent short timeline goals and deadlines
DEAN & DELUCA offers competitive salary. Benefits include health, dental, pharmacy, vision, group term life, long-term disability, 401(k) with generous employer match, tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick leave, bereavement leave, paid holidays, and a great employee discount.
About Dean & DeLuca:
Founded in 1977 by Joel Dean, Giorgio Deluca and Jack Ceglic with the opening of its flagship store in SoHo, New York, Dean & Deluca quickly grew into a multi-channel retailer of gourmet and specialty foods, premium wines and high-end kitchenware with operations throughout the United States and abroad. Dean & Deluca specialty products are sold through its 15 retail stores and cafes in select U.S. markets (New York; Washington, D.C.; Napa Valley; Charlotte; and Kansas City, KS), a consumer and corporate gift catalog, and an e-commerce site, www.deandeluca.com. Dean & Deluca also markets its private label products to other retailers and wholesalers throughout the world. Additional information concerning Dean & DeLuca can be found at the company’s web site: www.deandeluca.com.