JOB OPENINGS AT THE NYC DEPT. OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS
1) Director Of Community Relations: Reporting directly to the Associate Commissioner for External Affairs, the Director of Community Relations will head the Division responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing a multi-pronged strategy for the Department’s outreach to the myriad of constituents it serves: consumers, businesses, industry groups and associations, community-based organizations, government agencies, legislators and the public at large. Through the Director’s leadership, the Division will strengthen existing relationships and forge new strategic partnerships in the constituent arenas mentioned above to facilitate the Department’s mission to ensure a fair and vibrant marketplace for consumers and businesses alike. The Division’s strategic action steps would include public events, educational campaigns, individual leadership meetings and other activities to heighten public awareness about the Department’s roles and functions. The Director would be responsive to the needs of other agency divisions and would work in concert with the Research and Investigations Division to create new initiatives based on its findings. To apply for this position visit: www.nyc.gov
2) Deputy Director for OFE Communications: Reporting to the Department of Consumer Affairs’ Assistant Commissioner for Communications and Marketing, the Deputy Director for OFE Communications will be responsible for developing and implementing major messages for the DCA’s new Office of Financial Empowerment.
Specific Duties will include:
• Coordinate with OFE Executive Director and Deputy Directors on the development of communications strategies aimed at New Yorkers with low incomes.
• Develop strategic partnerships with advertising, marketing and public relations firms to involve them in OFE communications efforts.
• Work with DCA’s External Affairs Team to develop wide-scale marketing and outreach materials including brochures, postcards, bus and subway advertisements, among others.
• Develop major media campaign strategies.
• Prepare press releases, speeches, and presentations for OFE. Work with DCA Press Secretary to pitch stories and communicate OFE to media. To apply for this position visit: www.nyc.gov