THE NEW YORK POST IS SEEKING A WEB DESIGNER/PRODUCER
The New York Post Online Edition seeks a web designer/producer to join our afternoon/evening staff in the Midtown New York City offices. We are looking for a responsible, imaginative individual who takes direction well to work in a high-traffic, fast-paced online environment.
• This is a permanent, full-time, on-site position.
• This position requires candidate to have excellent writing and communication skills.
• Candidate must be able to work on deadline.
• Candidate must be able to work nights, weekends, and some holidays.
• This position reports to the Manager of Online Production.
• Each candidate will be required to demonstrate mastery of the skills listed below during the interview process.
• Salary negotiable.
Skill set includes:
• 5+ years experience with HTML, building/designing/editing webpages
• 3+ years experience with Macromedia Flash, including Actionscript
• 3+ years experience Adobe Photoshop, with strong image editing and manipulation skills
• Familiarity with Harris Newsmaker a plus
• Work closely with the online editors and online producers to create daily/nightly web content for nypost.com, including webpages, photos, and flash movies
• Suggest and produce editorially driven multimedia packages, centered around major events or stories
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations with REPUBLICA UPDATE in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org