EMPLOYMENT | CONTENT EDITOR | HISPANIC LIFESTYLE WEBSITE
A leading Hispanic lifestyle website is looking for a new editor. Someone talented, upbeat, and driven to run the content on our site and assist our senior staff. This isn’t just copy-editing or fact-checking. It’s writing and coordinating content. Specifically, the duties of the Editor are to:
• Write, edit, proofread, and manage hundreds of venue and event listings
• Copyedit feature stories, interviews, news articles, movie reviews, etc
• Interview musicians and celebrities
• Update the website and upload new articles
• Perform administrative duties to support the Director
Unlike many editorial gigs, there’s also a management and marketing spin, as well. Additional opportunities include:
• Liaison with venue owners and promoters
• Doing online market research and competitive analysis
• Assist with offline events (concerts, celeb parties, etc)
• Opportunity to help sell our services
• Help manage nightlife photography program
The right candidate needs to have:
• Excellent writing skills.
• Command of copyediting and proofreading
• An enthusiasm editing and writing hundreds of bar and party listings.
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines and work with multiple managers
• Candidates must have an interest in Latin lifestyle, music and culture
• Fluency in Spanish is ideal, but not necessary. Verbal fluency is a near must. If you can speak it no problem and can read it but just can’t write it, you’re fine. If you can barely hold a conversation by yourself in Spanish, then it’ll be tough for you to interview any celebrities
• Knowledge of html code, while not mandatory, is a plus
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to learn what it takes to run a major website and really play a hand in every aspect of the marketing & promotion of the site. Also an opportunity to work on other company initiatives including event-related work. A greatt way to get your foot in the door in the Latin entertainment industry for the right driven person. We talk to everyone in the industry so you will have the opportunity to meet a lot of people.
Ideal candidates must have a solid knowledge, understanding and an interest in the Latin space including, but not limited to: Latin nightlife, tastes, trends, events, consumer/purchase behavior, and Latin music.
Candidate must have proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Powerpoint, MS Word, and MS Excel. Adobe Photoshop a big plus. Creativity, Enthusiasm, passion, drive, and a love of teamwork is necessary. Must be a self starter, able to think outside the box and willing to roll up your sleeves.
BA/BS in English/Journalism or Communications a plus. 1-2 years of marketing/promotions/media experience a plus.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter, resume and writing samples that you feel demonstrate why you are perfect for this job.
Please no phone calls. Job location is Manhattan.
Compensation: Mid-to-high 20’s; TBD on experience.