XXL MAGAZINE SEEKS DEPUTY MANAGING EDITOR
XXL, the country’s leading hip-hop music magazine, seeks an experienced, dedicated and energetic Deputy Managing Editor with strong organizational skills. Candidates must have at least 2 years of magazine staff experience, have a strong knowledge of magazine editorial systems, be adaptable to a high-energy fast-paced work environment, and possess a strong ability to prioritize efficiently. Knowledge of and interest in hip-hop music and culture are a plus.
Some job responsibilities include:
• Liaising between magazine and contributors
• Creating and updating issue maps
• Managing freelance invoices and contracts
• Issuing all edit contracts
• Trafficking select proofs during production
• Managing the closing of select editorial sections
• Fact checking select editorial sections
• Reviewing blue lines and making corrections along with Managing Editor
• Acting as managing editor of select one-time publications
• Working with respective Art Director to finalize documents in layout
The editorial mantra of XXL magazine is "hip-hop on a higher level." Steered by journalist, author and television producer Elliott Wilson, XXL has become the #1 selling hip-hop magazine in the world and the #1 selling music magazine on America’s newsstands. For eight years, XXL has documented hip-hop culture better than any publication on the planet. We have unlimited access to today’s most successful artists, like Jay-Z, Eminem, 50 Cent, OutKast, Dr. Dre, The Game and Kanye West. We are the pulse of the rap industry. We cover all the important issues pertaining to the culture—the unsolved murders of Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac; Eminem’s controversial "racist" tapes; Jay-Z’s ascension to the presidency of Def Jam Records. XXL magazine is published by Harris Publications.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
No faxes or phone calls please.