PUBLIC ALLIES ORGANIZATION IS LOOKING FOR YOUNG LEADERS
If you are a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident between the ages of 18-30, with a minimum of a high school diploma or GED, committed to improving your community, passionate about social issues, or interested in working with a diverse group of people and ready to learn and grow, Public Allies may be just the opportunity you need to develop your full leadership potential.
Public Allies advances diverse young leaders to strengthen communities, nonprofits and civic participation. We select the communities’ most promising young leaders, ages 18-30, who commit to a rigorous and rewarding ten-month program of full-time, paid apprenticeships in community organizations, team service projects and weekly leadership training. Allies receive a living allowance of $17,000 for the 10-month period; health and child care benefits; and an education award of $4,725 upon completion of the program. Public Allies New York is currently hiring and all applications are due on Wednesday, May 31st.
Application and Selection Process:
To apply, download and complete an application and two reference forms which you can find on www.publicallies.org/newyork or contact Dona Tarectecan, Director of Training and Learning via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-566-0710 extension 6819 to receive a copy of the application. All programs begin in August and continue for ten months. The selection process has four steps:
1. Submit a completed application and 2 reference forms
2. If selected, participate in two interviews
3. If selected as a finalist, interview with several nonprofit organizations
4. Public Allies staff will make the final placements based on feedback
• May 31, 2006 – All Ally candidate applications DUE!
• June 18, 2006 – Ally candidates selected for Panel Interviews
• July 10, 2006 – July 20, 2006 – Ally Panel Interviews
• July 25th – 26th, 2006 – Ally Candidates Selected and Notified
• August 1, 2006 – Ally Candidates Orientation
For more information about Public Allies and its work, visit www.publicallies.org